Home Manager – CILA – Full Time
The Home Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of assigned CILA homes in which adults with developmental disabilities live and supervises all CILA Instructors of those sites.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for and oversees assigned sites for safety & cleanliness. Insures that minimum of 3 days of groceries, according to regulations, is in the house and meets dietary needs. Monitor link cards and turn in monthly link card report.
- Supervises assigned staff including hiring, training, disciplinary actions, performance evaluations, etc.
- Insures shift coverage and is on call to work sites for shift issues and emergencies. Works minimum 16-24 hours/week of shifts in the group homes. Reduce overtime by having proactive schedule and coverage using part-time and floater staff.
- Monitors and maintains all participant financial accounts including, but not limited to: withdrawals, and deposits in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Assists in the training process of new employees including the On the Job Training checklist and orientation requirements.
- Monitors staff-participant interactions for maintenance of individual rights, human dignity and principles of normalization.
- Assists in crisis intervention, and supports DSP with crisis situations and behavioral issues in the CILA.
- Is a participating member of the Safety Committee. Prepares and submits required safety forms including monthly environmental and 1st aid checklists. Insures required emergency drills are conducted and documented per drill schedule.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Undergraduate degree with a major in one of the social service disciplines preferred.
- 3 years of experience in CILAs or other social services experience, including supervisory experience.
- Must have DSP certification.
- Ability and willingness to drive and operate Oak-Leyden vehicles and be insurable under Oak-Leyden’s vehicle insurance.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.and pass all background/physical checks.