DSP – (DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL) CILA INSTRUCTOR – CILA Group Homes
We have great opportunities for a caring individual who wants to make a difference by working in our CILA Residential group homes for adults with developmental disabilities. Our CILA Instructors (DSP’s) assist adults with developmental disabilities with activities of daily living skills by teaching and assisting with personal hygiene, home cleanliness, cooking, and other daily activities. Our group homes are located in Oak Park and neighboring communities.
Shifts available include:
40 hrs/wk, 2nd shift Tues – Sat, 2:30-10:30 pm
40 hrs/wk, 3rd shift, Wed – Sat, 10:30 pm – 8:30 am
38 hrs/wk, 3rd shift – Sun – Tues, 10:30 pm – 8:30 am & Sat, 2:30 – 10:30 pm
40 hrs/wk One on One CILA Instructor – Wed – Sun 3-11 pm
20 hrs/wk, 1st shift, 8:30 am – 2:30 pm & 2nd shift, Mon, 2:30 – 10:30 pm
Floaters – part time with ability to work various shifts & days
Prefer DSP certified, but if you aren’t, no problem, we will train you.
- proof of a High School Diploma/GED
- DSP certification preferred
- Ability and willingness to complete required online trainings.
- Valid, clear driver’s license and ability to be Co. insured to drive our vehicles.
- Successful completion of TABE reading comprehension test, drug test/physical, fingerprinting, reference & background checks.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- First Aid/CPR certification is a plus, but will train.
- Must have the ability to interact calmly and appropriately with individuals with developmental disabilities living in the CILA’s, family members of the residents, co-workers, and outside people they come in contact during community outings.
Job Type: Full-time