Oak-Leyden has provided comprehensive, quality programs and services to people with developmental disabilities for more than 60 years.
Founded in 1956 as the Oak Community School, Oak-Leyden is a caring, uniquely qualified organization providing a wide range of vocational and residential services for adults with developmental disabilities, as well comprehensive therapeutic, educational, and family support services for infants and young children.
This past year, Oak-Leyden:
- Graduated 92 children from our Early Intervention program
- Improved the lives of 350 children who have developmental disabilities or delays
- Integrated 54 adults into the community through our family-style group homes
- Helped raise more than 1,200 pounds of produce for the Oak Park River Forest Food Pantry
- Taught a wide range of life-enriching skills to 160 Lifelong Learning Center participants
- Coached and empowered 34 adults through our Supported Employment Program
We’re proud of our accomplishments over the past 60 years, and are partnering with our clients, family, and community to make great strides for the future.