This past year, we helped more than 600 children and adults meet life’s challenges and reach their highest potential.
Adult Services ~
- 90% of our Lifelong Learning Program’s participants met or exceeded their goals of daily living, by building new life skills through our Lifelong Learning Center’s Developmental Training Program and Supported Employment Program.
- Residents live independently in 12 supervised group homes through our Community Integrated Living Arrangements.
- Our Commission of Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) Accreditation Survey received an excellent rating, with zero recommendations for improvements to our residential services.
Children’s Services ~
- Assisted 366 children from 30 communities through our multi-disciplinary approach to early intervention.
- Received 100% on its annual monitoring by the Department of Human Services’ Early Intervention Monitoring team and a 100% satisfaction rating from client families who completed the Children’s Services’ program’s annual survey.
Community Support ~
- Oak-Leyden was awarded $41,000 in technology grants to update and upgrade our IT infrastructure.
- Nearly $72,000 in donations was pledged from a capacity crowd at our 2015 OakToberfest Hofbräuhaus fundraiser.
- Media coverage from FOX-TV News and Wednesday Journal featured our adult program’s participants’ work in the All Ages + All Abilities garden, which yielded 850 lbs. in produce donations to the Oak Park River Forest Food Pantry.