Connecting Children to the Services that Make a Difference.
Every child deserves the chance to develop to their full potential. At Oak Leyden, your child’s success is our mission.
Oak Leyden’s Children’s Services programming takes a unique, multi-disciplinary, team approach to facilitate the holistic development of children with developmental disabilities and delays. Oak Leyden therapists evaluate children in all areas of development and facilitate individualized therapy that fits the unique needs, challenges, and circumstances of your child. We are family-centric, typically providing services in a child’s natural environment and working with caregivers to take advantage of everyday learning opportunities. Oak Leyden is the only nonprofit agency in the area providing therapy to children all of these disciplines: developmental, occupational, physical, behavioral, and speech/ language.
How it works:
- Our therapists do a multidisciplinary evaluation to determine which services fit the needs of each child.
- Oak Leyden’s therapies may involve one-on-one and/or group sessions.
- Our dedicated therapists seek parental input when designing custom therapy programs. No one knows a child better than their parent.
- Our therapists find innovative ways to incorporate their support into the family home.
Our therapists work to build functional developmental skills—the skills that help your child be successful in their home, in their community, and in any other setting. A child’s success in the program can bear fruit in multiple ways. It can look like a child with a developmental disability joining his or her sibling on the playground for the first time. Or success can look like a child with a developmental disability entering kindergarten on time with his or her peers.
- Multidisciplinary Evaluation
- Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) Development and Review
- Early Intervention for children ages 0-3
- Developmental Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Behavioral Therapy
- Parent Education
- Family Support Activities
- Developmental Screenings
- Developmental Play Groups