Oak Leyden has provided comprehensive, quality programs and services to people with developmental disabilities for more than 65 years.
Founded in 1956 as the Oak Community School, Oak Leyden is a caring, uniquely qualified organization providing a wide range of vocational and residential services for adults with developmental disabilities, as well as comprehensive therapeutic, educational, and family support services for infants and young children.
This past year, Oak Leyden:
- Graduated 98 children from our Early Intervention program
- Improved the lives of nearly 400 children who have developmental disabilities or delays
- Integrated 54 adults into the community through our family-style group homes
- Helped raise more than 1,200 pounds of produce for the Oak Park River Forest Food Pantry
- Taught a wide range of life-enriching skills to 125 Lifelong Learning Center participants
- Coached and empowered 42 adults through our Supported Employment Program
We’re proud of our accomplishments over the past 60 years, and are partnering with our clients, family, and community to make great strides for the future.